Thursday, May 29, 2014

Do a Web Search for College Novels

And a lot come up. Many are centered around the exploits of professors, but some focus on the life of students. I found this Washington Post article about the stereotypes of certain schools in pop culture and fiction that looks at the institution as a character; and its follow-up 10 great college novels list.

There's many more lists out there of good college reads, here's an example, here's another. I found many more, but you begin to see the same novels appear.

Here's a nice advice article on writing the campus or academic novel, that includes a long list of recent novels.

I didn't find a good list of short stories; but I trust the ones I've selected for us to read would be on it. If you know of a good short story that focuses on students, campus life, etc. - let me know and I'll be glad to add it.


No comments:

Post a Comment